Saturday, May 17, 2008

Taking steps for "Charlie Steps"

So today was the most amazing 5k that I have ever been to! ( okay so i've only been to one other 5k that was 3 years ago, but this was way more amazing!) It was the fund raiser for the brain injury association in Utah. My whole amazing family got up at 6:00 a.m. this morning to make our way to liberty park. We all ran for Charlie Cooper. But me, my husband and kids also ran in honor of Darin and his older brother Brian. They both had Meningitis as a baby. Darin was lucky and doesn't have many side affects now, but his brother is mentally handicapped and functions at a 1 year old level and he is in is 30's now.



This is Charlie Cooper. He is home from the hospital now and is doing fine. He is such a cute little boy!!!

As you can see we had a huge turn out! We all wore Shirts that were made just for the people running for Charlie. I think that there were over 200 people there for Charlie!


My Cute little MyKelle had such a fun time! I thought that since she woke up at 6:00 a.m. that she would be way tired and want to sit in the stroller the whole time. Boy was I wrong!!! She and her cute little cousin Isabel held hands and ran together for almost half of the 5k. (then she had to go potty and Isabel went on without us) It was so cute to see those two playing together! They are both a little clumsy though, so when one would trip they both would fall down. After a few times of falling I don't think that they even cried. My dad ran ahead of them and tried to show them how to run by lifting your knees high in the air, but neither one would do it, they thought that he was crazy!!! (which he is, but we love him for it!)




My grampa that we call papa, even made it out! I stopped counting how old he is, but i think that it is in his late 80's!! He is such a cute old man!!!
I'm so proud of my family! And I'm so proud of Rob and Angel!! Today at the race they were both looking so happy!! I often wonder I would act if I was put in their shoes! We love you all!

4 comments:

The Whitney's said...

Did you just steel my blog? J/K they are great pictures so it's okay if you did. Anyway it was way amazing I loved the race and I'm so glad there were so many people there! What a great cause!

Shani said...

It was way fun. I can't wait to participate next year. Maybe we need to al do some more of these 5K thingys. We will all be in excellent shape!

TravandNat said...

It was fun to walk with you. Sorry I had to whimp out and feed the babe. Next year I'll make it the whole way! (if there is a next year) :)

Katie Jo said...

of course there will be a next year!!!