Friday, November 13, 2009

The best thing ever!

My cousins little boy was diagnosed with spinal meningitis over a year ago. They have started a very intensive therapy to help him out, and once a week I get the opportunity to go and help Charlie Cooper with his therapy. I go and help on thursday nights with my sister, Kelli. Besides being a mom, this is the most rewarding thing I have ever done! I look forward to Thursdays! ( And not just because My parents will feed me dinner before I go over to Charlie's house, and watch my children for me!) The time that I have been able to spend with Charlie and feel his sweet spirit has been amazing! This little boy will lift my spirits when I am down, and bring a smile to my face that I just can't explain. Every little noise and movement that he makes brings me joy! I find myself talking about him as if he were my own! And when I feel that he has made even the slightest impovement I am overwhelmed with joy for him. And when he looks at you and smiles, it just makes every thing in the world seem right! I love this little boy! I love what he has been able to do for me! And I love that I get to help him every week!! Thank you Rob and Angel for letting me be a part of his life!!
Below are some pictures of me helping him during therapy.



To learn more about Charlie click is link on the side.

2 comments:

Jolene said...

I too, love being with Charlie. He is so close to Heavenly Father, you really feel the spirit there. Makes my day whenever I go.

Jess Young said...

Katie, I think the world of you!