On Monday Gage gave us a pretty good scare! The kids were playing really good together upstairs on Monday morning so i went downstairs to do some preschool stuff. While I was downstairs I heard Gage start crying and coughing like his asthma was acting up. So I headed upstairs to check on the kids. Gage looked like he was having a little trouble breathing (Which isn't anything new with him! He has really bad asthma!) So I got everything ready to give him an asthma treatment. As we are in the middle of his asthma treatment he starts throwing up all over the place! And he just kept throwing up, so I quickly threw him in the tube fully dressed so he could throw up in the tube and not on me. I then started to take Gage's clothes off so we could give him a bath and I noticed hives all over his stomach and chin! Thinking that this isn't normal, I called the doctors office who told me to come in immediately!! I took a few minutes and drilled MyKelle with what type of foods he ate that morning, which she said m &m's and gold fish. I was satisfied with that answer so we headed off to the doctors office! We had everyone stumped with why he was acting this way. The doctor told me he was having an allergic reaction to something and his throat was closing up on him. So they gave him shots and shoved medicine down his thought to try to make it easier for him to breath and for him to stop itching the hives that had now spread to everywhere on his body and looked more like welts than hives!! Well after 3 and a half hours they let us go home with an appointment made for the next morning to check on how he is doing. They gave us an oral steroid that makes him really cranky, but it'll help him breath!! So I will take cranky!!
When we got home Darin started asking MyKelle what Gage had eaten and again she said m &m's and gold fish. So Darin, being smart, asks MyKelle to show him the m & m's and goldfish that her and gage ate. Well she pointed to regular goldfish and the peanut butter Reese's pieces!!! In case you didn't know, Gage is allergic to peanut butter!!! So now it all makes sense as to why Gage had such an allergic reaction!!
Gage is doing fine now, just really cranky from the meds that he is on!!! But what a scare that was!!
5 comments:
ooh, glad it was ust the peanut butter and nothing else worse...
Too scary! Good thing he has smart parents. Good luck with the cranky kid.
I'm sorry he's allergic! It's makes things tough. You may have to stop buying peanut butter! :(
I'm so glad he's doing better. There is nothing worse than a sick baby!
He IS cranky, but I'm so glad Darin figured out the problem. No more scaring us Gage.
Wow what a scare! I'm sorry and I'm glad you figured out what it was! I hope he gets better soon!!
Post a Comment