Today was the first day in a long time that Darin and I both had the same day off, and it will be the only day for a while. So Darin said that he didn't want to "waste the day at home". Then MyKelle suggested going to a museum. (She was watching a cartoon where they were at a museum and she thought that it was soooo cool!) So we decided to go up to Ogden and go to the Tree house museum. It was a lot of fun! I have never been there before, but I was glad that we went!

The first place we went in the Tree house museum was their "princess" area. It had fun things for the kids to dress up in. Of course Mykelle had to dress up like a Queen and sit on her throne and not waste anytime, before she was ordering everyone around!
Darin dressed Gage up like the town Joker. And it was pretty cute! But.....
He wanted to be like his sister. So we dressed him up as a King! With a crown and everything! Then he had fun ordering MyKelle around. He loves to copy everything his sister does! It was pretty cute.
They also had a puppet play area that Mykelle and I played with for a while.
The next place that they wanted to play in was the music area! Boy is that a LOUD area! But the kids loved it! They played the drums and a bunch of other instruments! They just loved being loud without getting in trouble.
Then we went and played in the oval office. Mykelle was afraid of Barak Obama, but she got over it when she realized that he wasn't real.
And of course, Gage had to copy MyKelle and sit in the desk as well!
MyKelle's favorite place in the whole museum was the little school house! She thought she was in heaven! She loved playing teacher, and bossing everyone around! Today she taught everyone about sharing. She would even boss around the other kids that would run into the room. No one stayed long though, i'm not sure why. :)
I think Gage was getting bored of just sitting.
Then we headed off to the fire truck. They loved dressing up like a fire fighter and driving the truck! It was pretty cute! Gage loves trucks and didn't want anyone else to drive the truck.Then after the Treehouse museum we headed down to Centerville to go to Travis' birthday dinner at Firehouse pizza. The pizza was really good, and it was a lot of fun hangin out with everyone. The only one who couldn't make it was Jessica. We missed you!!
After we ate dinner we went swimming at the South Davis Recreational center, (aka "the bubble") I haven't been there since they redid the whole thing, and that place was fun!! I didn't take my camera into the pool area, so I didn't get any pictures. However kelli did, so maybe she will post them. :)
After we ate dinner we went swimming at the South Davis Recreational center, (aka "the bubble") I haven't been there since they redid the whole thing, and that place was fun!! I didn't take my camera into the pool area, so I didn't get any pictures. However kelli did, so maybe she will post them. :)When we left the swimming pool MyKelle had Gage were so tired from their long fun day, but MyKelle hates to go to sleep in the car. So instead she just talks! This was the conversation we had on the way home.
MyKelle: Mom, I love you so much. Did you know that I want to be the best girl for you! I will do everything that you ask. I promise that I will go to bed when you ask me to. I promise that I will be nice to Gage. I won't even leave you. When you walk in the store I will stay right by you!
Me: Oh MyKelle that will make me so happy. Thank you so much.
MyKelle: (little pause) soo...... Mom do you think that I am pretty?
That is just like a girl, fishing for compliments! Of course I told her she was pretty as soon as I got control of myself from laughing.

3 comments:
The museum looks like lots of fun. Glad you had a great day. What cute children. You know, MyKelle talks just like you did - All the time.
I love that you went out and did something with your day off! The museum looks awesome. There's lots of fun stuff up there! Your kids are darling! We just need to get them brave enough to go down the big slide at the swimming pool! It was lots of fun to have you there!
I have the pictures. I will post them soon! cute pictures of the museum. That looks like a nice fun place to spend the day. It was so awesome to have your whole family there for dinner and swimming!
Post a Comment